A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is actually a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is actually irregular in shape and appears like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is a result of the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is well known in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the chaga mushroom extract is an immune booster, an outstanding digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is a compressive set of Chaga mushroom proven health and fitness benefits.
1. Prevention and therapy for cancer – The active compound in the Chaga mushroom comes with an essential role in prevention and management of cancer, in accordance with research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are among the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom help the defense mechanisms to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting our bodies to battle against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the immunity mechanism through the creation of immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s ability to differentiate between foreign cells as well as the body’s cells; thus enhancing the accuracy from the defense mechanisms in answering invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays an important role in preventing allergic reactions by improving the body to recognise its cells more accurately; as a result it cannot combat against its cells. In case reducing the chances of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in reduction of defense mechanisms hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity result from a severe allergic reaction. Such reaction can lead to cardiac shock. As a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom raises the defense mechanisms when needed and reduce it after it is hypersensitive.
3. An effective antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. As an example, Chaga extracts work well against viruses because they inhibit replication of HIV 1 and prevent Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts work well in cutting infection because of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the procedure that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), an essential step in fighting bacterial infection. A cup of Chaga tea is crucial to fight the bacteria that may cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation from the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Note that, low antioxidant levels can lead to inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the consequences of enzymes that engage in inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play an important role in neutralising free radicles within the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga has got the highest amount of antioxidant potency in comparison with some other food. The high levels of antioxidants result from the top level of polyphenols within the Agaricus Blazei Extract. Besides, our prime levels of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive results of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, lessen the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – Among the factors behind ulcers is bacteria. As being a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria which induces ulcers inside the digestive system reducing odds of ulcers. Besides, the extracts from the mushroom are crucial in lessening inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cupful of Chaga tea or perhaps a glass of tepid to warm water infused with Chaga mushroom powder half an hour before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration inside the blood during an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the entire process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides increase the glycogen content of muscles as well as the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that contributes to fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous blood clots – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots inside the veins; a disorder called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it can certainly lead to diseases such as cardiac event and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the hazards of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is important in soothing arteries during times of irritation. Such property is essential in cases of pain or conditions like neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood glucose levels level by increasing insulin levels in the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to convert sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. One of many reasons for insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance results in accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the potential risk of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts decelerate that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus lowering the surges in blood glucose, which would otherwise cause diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure and levels of cholesterol – Betulinic acid can break down the reduced-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol in the blood, while other extracts increase the volume of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol within the liver. Through the elimination of bad cholesterol from blood vessels, as well as eliminating clots from your veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a proper blood pressure levels.
11. Skin health – The massive amounts of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, ensure it is an excellent skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is an element of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin affords the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, increases the skin’s health, rendering it supple and protecting your skin layer from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it to the skin is useful.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is a wonderful way to obtain dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the production of bile, a necessary salt in the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder three times per day, thirty minutes before a meal decbbe essential for a healthy gastrointestinal system.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it of any toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can protect the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving feeling of stress – Chaga extracts are crucial in balancing hormones in the body. In case of stress, the body releases stress hormones. The hormones are responsible for the feeling of stress and fatigue. A balance of these hormones, balances the functioning of the body, hence enables one to deal with stress. Being a well-known adaptogen, Tongkat Ali Extract, assistance to stabilise, restore and protect your body. It will so by improving the body respond to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance of the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the level of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Increasing the degrees of acetylcholine improves the cognitive performance of the individual.